As a true cryptocurrency, $SWEAT is built on a public blockchain. The open economy we are building must also be transparent. This is the nature of blockchains, and it means that some data will be publicly available.
We have taken every step possible to limit personal user data on-chain. The following will not be on the blockchain:
- Your name, Sweatcoin account number or other personal information
- Where the steps were taken
- When exactly the steps were taken
However, if you opt-in to $SWEAT, an aggregated view of your steps data will appear on the blockchain. The following data that will be visible on the blockchain:
- Number of verified steps taken
- Amount of $SWEAT received
- When the steps were converted into $SWEAT
- The public key (unique, anonymous crypto reference) of the receiver of $SWEAT
This means that it is possible for someone to collect some basic information about your step activity. They would, however, have to know your wallet address (as your name will not appear on the blockchain). It is also worth noting that this public information will not allow any significant breach of personal information or privacy. We will continue working to lower the amount of information disclosed publicly.
As with every crypto blockchain technology, please note that all other SWEAT transactions will be publicly visible on the blockchain.