When opening a growth jar, you should understand that the returns are not risk free. We will work hard to protect your SWEAT from these risks, but we can’t guarantee complete safety against them.
By creating a jar you accept these risks. Read through this document to understand how it works and what the risks are.
Risk 1: Price fluctuation
- Cryptocurrency prices fluctuate a lot every day
- The value of your SWEAT, when exchanged for other crypto or traditional currencies, (like US Dollars or Bitcoin) will change
- The price could go up or down. We can’t guarantee or predict future prices
Risk 2: Financial
- We might become bankrupt, or otherwise are unable to pay back your SWEAT principle or % interest
Risk 3: Hacking
- Your SWEAT might be stolen by a malicious actor. For instance, a malicious actor may gain access to your SWEAT wallet or our systems
- Your SWEAT will be locked with us until the staking time period is completed. It’s unlikely, but possible that SWEAT locked in growth jars could get hacked. In this scenario, we may not be able to return some of the funds
Risk 4: Legal
- We won’t be able to pay back the SWEAT principle or % interest, if it becomes illegal for us to do it
- This could happen for reasons such as you participating in fraud or funding illegal activities, etc
Please also understand that Sweat Foundation is not a bank. Your SWEAT or other assets are not insured or covered by any compensation scheme. Your Sweat Wallet is not a bank account or similar.